Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Victorious Notorious

No doubt when a conversation sparks inside a group of hip-hop heads, and the topic is the greatest of all time (G.O.A.T.) usually 9 times out of 10 two names come up, Tupac and Biggie. For me it’s a no brainer, the one and only Notorious B.I.G., And with his bio pic coming out very soon (jan.16) he’s been on my mind and on my play list a lot more than usual, and im not here to get into any great debate on the Tupac and Biggie thing, because I am well aware of tupac’s lyrical ability and social conscience instead I would like to think back a bit in time.
I couldn’t tell you the first time I heard rap let alone what song it was, but I can tell you the first time I heard “Juicy”, it was something about his flow and delivery that struck me in the heart, as if all these other rappers were writing rhymes and reciting them in the booth where as Big had them trapped inside and only chose to let them out when he felt necessary. I could sit and write all day about Big and the influence he had on me and the whole hip hop game, but the reasoning of me being here is to put you on game on one of the hottest biggie verses of all time off of the song “Victory” which was featured on Diddy’s debut album “Puff Daddy and the family”, if it’s been awhile since you’ve heard this song I highly recommend you take a listen and if you’ve never heard this song before you better have a good damn excuse, with lyrics like “Round mic’s I perform like mike, anyone Tyson, Jordan, Jackson, Action” and “Fantastic graphic tryna to make dough, like Jurassic park did nigga spark kid’s who start shit” paired with his heartfelt delivery and the oh so nicely used Rocky sample on the beat, this made this one of my favorite songs of all time. Now as I stated earlier I am well aware of Tupac’s lyrical capabilities but that is not why im here at the moment, but you are more than welcome to discuss and debate through the comments page, which Serch, J.Rollemswol, and myself will be checkin regularly. I thank you again for taking your time to read this and will be back very soon for more (NOTORIOUS IN THEATRES JANUARY 16TH)

--------RENEGADE RICH

1 comment:

  1. Imma have to present my 300 remix version of 'Victory'... A bit cocky, but isn't that some of the hip hop spirit ?

    Hard drums and sharp samples..
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/54041812f522798e/

    ReplyDelete