Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is Weezy A MC???

Some love him...Some hate him. Some on the other hand dont know what the fuck to think. He can jump on any beat and wreck shop. He is on numerous multiplicities of commercial crossover hits. He has an immaculate body of work, and gives one hell of a live performance. Doesn't write, yet has an awkward, maybe misunderstood flow. Is Weezy Whack...or the new breed of MC? I'm leaning toward MC. He can jump on anything son...anything and fuckin kill it. Hands down. Swagg is up...got mad gems on the underground tip, and insane crossover success. This cats career spans longer than a decade with a crazy amount of music. You may not like him or his music, but you gotta respect him. He came in the game at an age when most were just learning what to do with a woody, and since has grossed millie's, gone multi platinum and persevered past the crew he came in with. I dont know folks...I think he is certified.
-J.RollemSwol
www.rollemswol.com
www.myspace.com/rollemswolclothing
www.youtube.com/serchlitemusic

2 comments:

  1. Wayne is TRASH GUTTER! I don't care if he's way better than most dudes out now. Most dudes out now suck, Soulja Boy, Plies, rappers are garbage today. Wayne has swagger but nothing else, in 88-94 he would have been laughed out of the game. It pains my heart when kiddies today try to tell me Wayne is the greatest emcee ever. I want to pull out my Big Daddy Kane vinyl collection and beat them to death with it.

    if Wayne is the future of rap, then I'll thank God every night before I go to sleep I have my collection of 87-96 shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Yo John, you and I are on the same page homie!! F**k Weezy F. Baby, aka Weezy F**ks Baby! Your right, these RAPPERS today are wack! I tell dudes if he was around in the 80's or even the early 90's, he wouldn't of sold jack and would of been laughed right out of the game/culture. He is thee most OVERRATED rapper of all times!!! Sing your hooks DeWayne and stop trying to rap. I'll be glad when his time is up. I remember I remember when Puffy was "the it" and I was so happy when his time of popularity ended.
    I put Wayne on the wack list along with Soulja Boy, Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Snow and the Beasties (Beasties had good production but their raps are a joke).
    Born in the 70's but an 80's baby for life!

    ReplyDelete