Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mae Day/Sade "Hold On" EXCLUSIVE Only on HIP HOP CRITIC

Yo...if you aren't up on Mae Day...sun...you aint up on hip hop. She is the future. Blessed by MC Lyte to continue the female MC legacy, and armed with an arsenal of dope lyrics (even doper beats courtesy of De'Notes). This leaked EXCLUSIVE track is from her upcoming album CHERISH THE DAY. Lemme let you in on a lil somethin man...this is a concept album like none before, and it will surely be imitated, but never replicated. She has fused with the legendary Sade. Mae has layed some crucial verses over Sade vocals, and beats. FUCKIN' CLASSIC B!!!!
-J.

3 comments:

  1. Not bad, she's far from wack, but I wouldn't call her the future of female emcees. She's definitely better than most females (not saying much ha) I would still put her somewhere maybe 7 or 8 on my female emcee list. I would love to see her blow up because she does have skills. And the others on my list can't seem to catch on. She's no Jean Grae but I'd like to hear more from her indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she has raw talent. Every time I am directed to listen to her music, I quickly realize that she is a dedicated emcee, who puts time into her lyrics and concepts.

    I was gonna say; that we'll have a "top-notch" female emcee, if they would let people write for them - But, obviously Mae Day doesn't need a ghost writer. What I think she could use though, is some coaching.

    She needs to get in touch with her feminine side, and be a "female" rapper. If that's not who she's trying to be - then I guess we're just still waiting for that special someone, who could be feminine and fresh at the same time. Basically, without trying to sound like a dude - or act like a dude.. Knowhatimsayin'...

    I honestly haven't listened to that much of her music, but from the little that I have heard, she definitely has a tremendous amount of potential, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mae Day definitely has talent, there are some nice tracks on her myspace page and the freestyle with MC Lyte is dope.

    ReplyDelete