Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top Ten B.I.G Cuts Of All Time

Yo Yo what's really hood? Seeing as how we are on the eve of one of the most highly anticipated cinematic releases of our time, I felt it appropriote to do a top ten b.i.g list. Now this movie has mucho potential to succeed, but Mr. Wallace was a major figga so this film may do him no justice...We'll be the judge of that...please believe it. Lemme commence to say everytime someone says biggie, it does not need to be immediately followed by a pac reference. Them dudes were 2 seperate men, although they had similar fates, they led seperate lives, and had seperate swag. And BIG was better...hey it's my blog, my opinion. I must also say with this film has come a mass amount of BIG airplay ( most definitely a great thing...he is what the games been missin) Now my list....
1. One More Chance Remix
Most Playa fuckin track ever..."once ya grin I'm in game again"
2.Kick In The Door
BIG killed that shit, and dropped a little turd on Nas at the end on some slick shit.
3.The World Is Filled
His verse on here is quite possibly my favorite of all time "Some be chasin I replace em" "Make a bird tell her flock see ya later"
4.Warning
Do I really need to explain
5.Sky Is The Limit
Not only is it hella motivational, but the video really put it over the top with the kid versions of the Bad Boy camp
6. 10 Crack Commandments
Everybody needs a rulebook, and it applies across the board not just the dope game
7.Victory
Another 1 that needs no explanation
8. Gimmie Tha Loot
Cause I'm Bad bad boy"
9.Suicidal Thoghts
Did u hear his spit? "It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
Dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies"
10. You're Nobody Till Somebody Kills You
The music got me on this one. The interlude was sick with diddy reading scripture.

Yo shoot me your top ten BIGGIE Joints
-J.Rollem

10 comments:

  1. Yeah man Who Shot Ya didnt make my 10...Whats on your Top 10 BIG Joints...or at least your Top 5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,great blog,greetings from dominican republic!
    my top ten biggie joints(remember,I was watching from afar,and didnt feel the airplay overseas,it gives me another perspective,as the songs are laced with my individual memories,and the times when I really had the opportunity to listen to them in an internet less world.
    1)unbelievable-primo is the culprit,and then the sick ass flow!
    2)who shot ya
    3)real niggaz(do real things)
    4)warning(hitchcock like)
    5)his verse from flava in ya ear rmx
    6)the freestyle intro on mr.c's summer 94 mixtape over I didnt mean to
    7)his verse on 'think big"
    8)kick in the door
    9)respect
    10)juicy
    again,great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a top ten, but I would like to campaign for; Notorious B.I.G. - "The What" (feat. Method Man), to make the list.

    That was really the only joint I actually listened to, on repeat, when the album just came out. I could have heard most of the other Biggie joints, by just walking around town, listening to people boomin' their systems in their cars, or on heavy rotation on the radio. Method Man's album dropped around the same time, and I think that their duet was fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Top 10 in no particular order:

    Party & Bullsh**, Dreams, Warning, Who Shot Ya, Unbelievable, Juicy, Real Ni**az, Brooklyns Finest (w/Jay-Z), Dead Wrong (w/Eminem), Kick in the Door, Gimme the Loot.

    It was tough to leave off: 10 Crack Commandments, Freestyle (w/2Pac, BDK, Shyheim, Skoob) and pretty much any song from Ready to Die can make this list but those are my personal top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did u hear Saigon quote the gayest BIG lines? That was one of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did any of you even think about putting "Story To Tell" up here. that is not only one of the greatest Biggie joints but up there as one of the great story rhymes as well. Thoughts
    Serch

    ReplyDelete
  7. "One More Chance" might be his most pop-break out single! LOL! I did sleep on "story to tell". Naw, but party & bullshit is classic biggie. Gutter-street lyrics, stellar grimey production...classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll name my top 10 favorites but in no particualr order except the first 3:
    1)Machine Gun Funk
    2)Unbelieveable
    3)Me & My Bitch
    Dead Wrong
    Sky Is The Limit
    Kick In The Door
    The What
    One More Chance (Hip Hop Remix)
    Suicidal Thoughts
    My Downfall

    ReplyDelete