Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NAS VS LIL WAYNE?

Today at work I walked into a conversation where the argument was over who the better MC was NAS or LIL WAYNE, now to me (a hip hop head) this was a no brainer, Nas obviously has more talent in his left nut than Wayne does in his whole body, but an argument is an argument so I sat back and listened to these 3 dudes talk about "Wayne has more swag" "Wayne sold amilli in a week" "Wayne is my second cousin's baby momma's brother", and as I listened I noticed the one person in the room who defended Nas (as if he needed it) say "Who will be relevant in 20 years?" which I thought long and hard about, duhh it will be Nas, not that Wayne will be forgotten but Nas is a fuckin legend (thank Serch for the find)and wayne is a rapper that has hyped people up sooooo much that even if his verse didnt make any sense whatsoever people would think there was a hidden meaning that was ingenius....it straight up gets under my skin!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK BLOGSPOT?

-----Renegade Rich

4 comments:

  1. trying to make the unenlightened reason is a tough enterprise,just ask che guevara...still,the only thing evident here is that hip-hop long ago surpassed the "members only" society it once was,and is now of public domain,and like discussions about politics and baseball,it's hard to pinpoint a coherent argument inside that sort of event.luckily for us,we have blogs,lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the difference between the two: If you look at the age group that listens to both artists you'll find that the younger generation are going to be into Lil' Wayne for his commercial success and sound. The real hip hop heads know better and will lean more towards a real MC and that will always be NaS. Remember this, the majority of real hip-hop isn't played on the radio. What Lil' Wayne produces is what I call Pop Rap or Hip Pop. That's not what real hip-hop is all about. It's not about how many records you sell, it's maintaining your dignity throughout your career and staying as close to the game as possible. Not what some big time record company wants you to do just to sell records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat that was defending Nas, basically lowered himself to those kiddies level that were saying Wayne was better. I have almost gotten myself into arguements like this. I have even heard cats my age (my cousin is 34) say Wayne is the best. Those people have been programmed by radio and TV to think Wayne is the best thing since sweet potato pie. I just laugh at those kids, word up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. illmatic destroys wayne's career

    ReplyDelete