Friday, February 6, 2009

EveryOne's Favorite Occupation

What's Poppin? So I'm in the chair at the barbershop gettin my taper perfected, and I hear some cats talkin about they rap careers. This doesnt strike me as odd seeing how EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A RAPPER. But it made me wonder...why is it that everybody wants to be a rapper? I know the flash, fame and loose women..but damn you ask anybody age 12-45 what they wanna be when they grow up and their answer is Snoop D.O. double G. I dont piss on anybodies campfire but wack muthafuckas put out wack shit. The scenario we are experiencing in the real estate market is similar to what is happening to hip hop...an over saturated market. U can go on any myspace page and hear WACK hip hop. I would never shoot down anybodies dream..if u wanna be a rapper more power to you, but alot of these fools have the special syndrome ( you know, elders telling u you're great and special when u cant spell by fifth grade) they kick drunk rhymes at house parties, and everyone feels 'em cause they're wasted too, so they watch hustle and flow, build a make shift studio, and drop a "mixtape"...yeah...ppsssssttt(fart sound). S.O.S PLEASE FILTER WACK RHYMES.
HOLLA
J.RollemSwol
www.rollemswol.com

1 comment:

  1. Damn I totally agree with you. I'm a DJ in the DC Metro area and I pay monthly dues to 3 record pools. One in particular is based in north Carolina. I receive about 80 to 150 records (vinyl) every month. More then half is garbage, usually there are 2 to 5 Diamonds in the rough, and the rest is typical radio repeated attempts. But out of the garbage is all of these start up labels or free-stylers that you can tell can't rhyme. They get all the graphics and photoshop touch ups on there single cover and song is whack. And then there is the struggling whack artist where you just keep asking yourself......why in the hell are you putting yourself through this. Now I see why Simon from American Idol is an asshole!!

    ReplyDelete