Monday, March 9, 2009

The Scene In Cincinnatti: The Infamous Club Ritz

Lemme set the scene first and foremost. 10:30 p.m. A very comfortable 70 degree saturday night with a slight breeze..we pull up to what appears to be the jumpin'est spot in the city..Club Ritz. The homie Serch pulls up to the front (as usual), valet guy says..."you can't park here". GasFace tells him "I'm the sponsor of the event", and hands him a benny francis. We get out and precede into what seems to be the deadest spot next to the morgue. So me and Rich start gettin venue spots (by the way I'm also a cameraman for Nuvo Tv...hence my trip to Cin City for a Nuvo Event). The headliners for the party are Slimm Thugga, Pleasure P, Ron Browz, Mims, and Soulja Boy. So a couple hours go by, club starts to fill up, concert goes good, we hit the room...nites a nite right, all in a days work. What brings me to this blog was the Demo Cd's we accumulated during the show. I'm writing this solely on the assumption of this fact. We were working and these are the cd's we attained from the working rappers on the scene that nite. This is not a critique on the Cincinnatti music scene as a whole, just what we saw on our short trip there. On the way home we had a 4 and 1/2 hour ride, so what better to do than listen to the new music right? We pop in cd #1..which is titled YOUNG ZONE/ Produced By FAME (myspace.com/fame) track is called "FAT GOLD CHAIN"....WHACK WHACK WHACK..I got 10 g's says Detroits FAME would burn him in a battle!!!! Next cd DJ SKILLZ The Six O'Clock Mixtape (you can email him and get your copy...but why waste ur time its www.djskillz.com) Yeah you say "J why you goin on him like that?" I go like that because his CD was equally if not more WHACK then the above mentioned. I am getting a writers cramp, and will just list the rest because I dont wanna waste my time on the whackness the Nati had to offer: Boss Baines, J.O. Dom (he gave us 2 discs but they had the same songs in a different order and called it Part 1 And 2). All in all I found the Nati to be the most swagger jackinest, Gucci Mane Dick ridingest city I ever seen. The Downtown district was nice and clean tho. Oh yeah and to top it off shout out to the valet dude that got a frank and blocked us in the valet parking spot and was no where to be found when it was time to leave.
J.RollemSwol
www.rollemswol.com

2 comments:

  1. Just a bit ago I became a little bored so i decided to do a google search on "Club Ritz" and found out some interesting things apparently this club was the catalyst of the T.I. incident where they (him and his entourage) were confronted at the club for "making it rain" because instead of going to the females where it was intended, it was hitting the male patrons in the face they became irate, so when TIP and co. hit the road to get onto I-75 which is nearby...they were followed and gunshots rang out injuring many and killing his personal assisstant Philant Johnson which TIP has covered in many songs most notably his newest "Dead And Gone"....

    ---Renegade Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that this was the same club. DAMN!!!!

    ReplyDelete